The collection "The Arches of the Palazzo Comunale " of Cremona has been enriched by a third violin made by Antonio Stradivari ,one of the most valuable pieces of violin making World : " The Vesuvius in 1727 ". Purchased by a British governor which also took him to India , the Vesuvius came into possession of the violinist Jan Hambourg , who kept it until his death (1947 ) giving rise to a popular trio with his brothers Mark ( pianist ) and Boris ( cellist ) . The heirs sold it to the Spanish violinist Antonio Brosa , teacher Lauricella , then passed to the student around 1968. Born in London to a family of Sicilian origin , Master Remo Lauricella was usually return every year in Italy and was a regular stop in Cremona , where he found himself the " Charles IX " by Andrea Amati , the instrument that had got to play during his career for twelve years , from 1935 to 1947. In late summer 1978,the Master Lauricella stayed in CremonaOn his return to London in October of the same year, he wrote a letter to then Mayor Emilio Zanoni with which ensured to have confirmed his will tohis will to donate at death, the city of Cremona the Stradivari " Vesuvius in 1727 " .